How do I view my awards/accept loans?
- On the left-panel navigation bar, click on “Financial Aid.”
- Select the Academic Year you would like to view.
- Once you click on an Academic Year, the semesters coordinating with that Academic Year will display under “Program Information.”
- All financial aid awards will appear for the Academic Year you have selected.
- To accept loans, scroll down to the loan award you want to accept and click “Review and Update.”
- Please note, all Subsidized loans must be accepted before you can accept any Unsubsidized loan.
- Enter the TOTAL amount you want to receive for the loan period. Then click “Save Changes.”*
- If there are 2 semesters in the loan period, your accepted amount will be split equally in half between the 2 semesters.
- The amount you accept is the Gross amount (the total amount of loan you will have to repay). However, the amount you will receive is the Net amount (the Gross amount – the origination fee).
- To view additional loan information, go back to the main “Financial Aid” screen, and in the “Award Information and Instructions” box, click on “Show Full Info."
How do I view/upload documents?
- On the left-panel navigation bar, click on “Documents.”
- All “Needed” documents will automatically show on your Documents page. To see all previously submitted documents, click “Show All Documents.”
- To read the instructions for your needed documents, click “Review and Update.”
- Needed information will then be explained under Instructions.
- Any comments from the Financial Aid office will appear in the blue box (if there is no blue box, no Financial Aid comments have been made).
- If there is a form that you need to download, click on the download button , not the document name.
- To view additional loan information, scroll up to the top of the page, and in the “Document Information and Instructions” box, click on “Show Full Info.”
Which Borrowing Plan should I select?
If you select the Direct Cost Option, it will offer loans up to your direct costs, which only includes tuition and campus housing (Centre Square/University Village). If you select the Total Cost Option, it will offer loans up to your direct and indirect costs, which include things like your tuition, books, housing, food, and transportation expenses. Clicking the “View Details” button on the Total Cost Option will show you all your estimated direct and indirect costs.
You may increase or decrease your accepted loan amount any time before your loan disburses. After the loan has disbursed for the semester, you may only increase your loan amount. If you have a loan for a future semester, you may still decrease that portion of your loan until it disburses.