BYU-Idaho Internship Grant funds are used to assist students with expenses related to their internship. Higher consideration is typically given to students traveling outside of the local Rexburg area. This grant is not meant to cover all of a student’s internship expenses.
- Student must be registered for a program applicable (required for graduation) internship by the Full Semester Financial Aid Determination Date (FADD).
- Student must be admitted as a campus student
- Students who are U.S. citizens must complete a FAFSA
- Student’s internship must be at least 20 hours a week
- Students may receive an internship grant for up to 2 separate internships
- Awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Award amounts may vary depending on financial need and internship location
- Awarded for the single semester of the enrolled internship
- The grant will typically not disburse until the first week of the semester. For applications submitted after the start of the semester, the grant, once awarded, typically disburses within 2 weeks
- No grant funds will disburse to a student before the start of the semester to assist students traveling to their internship
- Student must complete the online Internship Grant Request form by the last day of the semester.