BYU-Idaho Internship Grant funds are used to assist students with expenses related to their internship (student teaching does not qualify). Higher consideration is typically given to students traveling outside of the local Rexburg area and this grant is not meant to cover all a student’s internship expenses.
- Student must be registered for a program applicable (required for graduation) internship before the 23rd day of the semester
- Student must be admitted as a campus student
- Students who are U.S. citizens must complete a FAFSA
- Student’s internship must be at least 20 hours a week
- Student’s internship should be unpaid (Exceptions can be made for student with paid internship in high-cost areas)
- Students living with their parents are not usually considered for this grant
- Students are usually enrolled in less than 6 program applicable credits and are therefore ineligible for loans
- Student teaching does not qualify as an internship
- Award amounts may vary depending on financial need and internship location.
- Awarded for the single semester of the enrolled internship
- The grant will typically not disburse until the first week of the semester. For applications submitted after the start of the semester, the grant, once awarded, typically disburses within 2 weeks.
- No grant funds will disburse to a student before the start of the semester to assist students traveling to their internship.
- Student must complete the online Internship Grant Request form
- Once the request form has been submitted and processed, the Internship Grant Application document will be added to the student’s financial aid portal for the student to complete and upload.