1. Verification of IRS Tax Non-filing
Verification of IRS Tax Non-filing may be requested from the IRS online, by phone (1-800-908-9946), by mail, or by appointment in an IRS office.
If a Verification of IRS Tax Non-filing cannot be obtained, the individual may upload a hand-signed letter certifying that:
- The individual attempted to obtain a Verification of Non-filing from the IRS and was unable to do so.
- The individual has not filed a 20xx income tax return and is not required to file.
2. Tax Return
Students, spouses, and parents may upload a Tax Return Transcript or a hand-signed copy of the individual’s 1040 or foreign income tax return.
Documentmust be hand-signed and include all pages and Schedules.
- If there is income on line 12, include Schedule C
- If there is income on line 17, include Schedule E
- If there is income on line 18, include Schedule F
Documentmust be hand-signed and include two pages.
Documentmust be hand-signed and include one page.
US Tax Return Information
The tax return must be hand signed by the taxpayer or must contain the following tax preparer information. Choose one option.
The copy of the tax return must be hand signed by the
- A copy of a filed 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ along with any requested schedules may be obtained from the paid tax preparer or the software used to file taxes.
Must contain the following tax preparer information:
- Paid Preparer’s Name
- Paid Preparer’s EIN, PTIN or SS#
- Paid Preparer’s Address
Foreign Tax Return Information
Provide a hand-signed 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ or a Tax Transcript, if it can be obtained for FREE. Puerto Rico residents should provide a 1040 PR Tax Transcript or a hand-signed 1040PR form. (Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, and Palau tax returns)
If a student/spouse/parent filed a foreign tax return, please provide a signed copy of the foreign tax return documentation.