BYU-Idaho internship scholarship funds are used to assist students with expenses related to their internship. Higher consideration is typically given to students traveling outside of the local Rexburg area. These funds are not meant to cover all of a student’s internship expenses.
- Student must complete the online Internship Scholarship Request form below.
- Once the request form has been submitted and processed, the Internship Scholarship Application document will be added to the student’s financial aid portal for the student to complete and upload.
- Student must be registered for program applicable (required for graduation) internship before the 23 day of the semester
- Student must be admitted as a campus student
- Student’s internship must be at least 20 hours a week
- Student’s internship should be unpaid (Exceptions can be made for student with paid internship in high-cost areas)
- Students living with their parents are not usually considered for this scholarship
- Students are usually enrolled in less than 6 program applicable credits and are therefore ineligible for loans
- Student must be meeting the university’s satisfactory academic progress standards
- Student teaching does not qualify as an internship
- Internships located in the Rexburg area are not typically considered.
- The Internship Scholarship application is evaluated and scored based upon the information submitted by the student.
- Award amounts may vary depending on financial need and internship location.
- Awarded for the single semester of the enrolled internship
- Scholarship will typically not disburse until during the first week of the semester. For applications submitted after the start of the semester, the scholarship, once awarded, typically disburses within 2 weeks.
- No scholarship funds will disburse to a student before the start of the semester to assist students traveling to their internship.
- Students must complete the “Thank You Letter” posted on their student portal before funds will disburse