Skip to main content

Passports and Visas

Important passport and visa information and pricing before you travel.
A passport is issued to a citizen of a country for international travel and identification. It must be valid for at least six months after your intended return date.
A visa is an endorsement usually placed within a passport that grants the holder official permission to enter, leave, or stay in a country for a specified time period. Verify with our Visa Expeditors below to see if you are required to have a visa for the country you will be travel through/to.
Proof of Immunizations may also be required.
Please visit the CDC website for up to date information. For available immunizations offered at the BYU-Idaho Health Center visit


For information on pricing, requirements, and where to submit.

For additional questions please go to the following websites.

***If you sent in a certified copy of your birth certificate or old passport, they will be returned with your new passport. ***

Passport & Visa Expeditors

BYU-Idaho has teamed up with the following companies to expedite your passport or visas. Please use the links to access our discounted service fee. If you have any questions, please contact the Travel Office at 2340.


  • You may contact Academic Video/Photo Coordinator, Jeffrey Smith, at ext. 7232 to arrange a time.  You may also stop by MCK 356 between the hours of 8:00 and 5:00. (It is best to set a time to assure someone is there to help you.) Price is $7 and is available for your spouse and kids. Pictures will be printed as you wait. 
  • You may also go to any photography business that advertises they do passport photos.

*** For Visa pictures you will need to bring your paperwork or know the size needed as many counties vary in their requirements. ***

Updated: 06/30/20