Workday Learning is a new module that was just added to the Workday system at BYU-Idaho. Workday Learning is a training management system designed for workforce training. (It is not an academic LMS and is very different from academic learning systems.)
I. Where to Start
II. Advantages of Workday Learning
- Workday Learning is fully integrated into BYU-Idaho's Workday system.
- Online training courses can be gathered into one central location.
- The system can host third-party content (e.g., from YouTube or Skillsoft).
- Employees can create content and have it loaded into the system.
- Supervisors can assign existing training courses to their employees.
- Supervisors can view completion reports for training they have assigned.
III. Creating Training Material
Important: There is NO content creation software included in Workday Learning. You simply create training lessons in PowerPoint, MP4 (Video), PDF, etc. Once your content is created, someone from Human Resources can review it and help you load it into the system. You may also consider creating a quiz (usually 10 questions) that can be added to your course—especially if your course is compliance-related.
Of note, when creating content, please remember:
- Do not violate copyright laws.
- Utilize the university's branding tools to keep training content consistent with BYU-Idaho's branding standards.
- File size for content is limited to 20 GB per file. And larger files take longer to upload.
IV. Tools to Help You When Creating Content
- Presentation Practice Center
- PowerPoint Templates for BYU-Idaho
- Faculty Technology Center
- AV and Broadcast Productions
- Software Training
Consider using Zoom, Kaltura, or Adobe Captivate for creating video training.
V. Training Content
We currently have only a few training courses loaded into the system. We will be adding thousands of courses soon from a couple of third-party providers; so stay tuned!
Content in the system will come from three different sources:
- Content we create.
- Content from YouTube Learning Channels (e.g., Harvard, Stanford, MS Office, etc.)
- Content from Skillsoft Compliance (e.g., harassment, Title IX, FMLA, HIPAA, Workplace Safety, etc.)
Questions or comments? Contact Patrick Powell ( email@example.com)