Veterans’ Education Benefits – Veterans’ Education Benefits (VEB) are funds made available through the US Department of Veteran Affairs for students who are meeting Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress standards:

  • Actively serving in the military
  • Serving in the Reserves or National Guard
  • Dependents of veterans
  • Dependents of disabled or deceased veterans

There are several levels, or chapters, of Veterans’ Education Benefits. A VA Class Certification Form must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office for each semester a student wishes to receive benefits. For more information, please visit the GI Bill website. Veterans’ Education Benefit funds are not affiliated with or controlled by BYU-Idaho.

Our VEB Coordinators are available via phone and email:

  • M-F 9:00am - 5:00pm

Appointments are also available upon request during these times.

Phone: 208.496.1609 | Fax: 208.496.6711 | Email:

Certificate of Eligibility

You will receive this document in the mail approximately two months after submitting your application.

Request for Change of Program or Place of Training

If you are transferring to BYU-Idaho, please submit this form on the VONAPP.

  • Transfer students who are using the Ch. 33, Ch. 1606, and Ch. 30 will fill out VA form 22-1995
  • Transfer students using Ch. 35 benefits will fill out VA form 22-5495

VEB Class Certification Form

You will need to complete the  Class Certification

form for each semester you would like to receive benefits.

It is important to verify that your declared major, minor, and/or cluster(s) are listed on your official BYU-Idaho degree audit. Only courses that count towards your graduation are reported to the VA. You can find your degree audit on the “Student” tab at We recommend you meet with an academic advisor if you are unsure which of your courses count towards your graduation requirements.