Risk & Safety Management
Preserving sacred resources, preventing harm, and protecting life.
We serve with BYU-Idaho employees and students to preserve sacred resources, prevent harm and protect life. We support BYU-Idaho’s mission by identifying, analyzing, and managing the University’s uncertainties. We provide leadership and services that enhance accountability regarding relevant laws, regulations, and policies.
Monitor the operational risks and coordinate compliance activities of BYU-Idaho.
Provide leadership and training to promote best practices in environental health and safety for students employees, and visitors.
Risk & Safety Management Resources
- Activity waiver for student travel and activities
- Certificate of Insurance Request
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Hazardous Materials Management
- Incident Report Forms (e.g. Motor Vehicle Incident, Work-Related Employee Injury)
- Insurance FAQ (e.g. University Property, Field Trip Insurance)
- Lab Safety
- Driving & Winter Safety
- National Weather Service Spring Safety
- OSHA Form 300A
- Safety Permits
- Safety Policies
- CPR/AED & First Aid
If students, faculty, staff, and immediate family members are interested in becoming CPR and/or First Aid certified, complete a Risk & Safety Management Service Request.
- Safety Courses
Related Departments & Additional Resources
- Fire Safety
- Fleet Services
- Public Safety
- Public safety operates a 24-hour dispatch center, patrols campus grounds, provides Safe Walk escort services, and responds to emergencies.
- Travel Office