Skip to main content

Employee Scheduling FAQs

Quick answers about event scheduling and additional support.

Employee Scheduling Frequently Asked Questions

One of the easiest ways to find available rooms is to use the "Browse Locations" option on Virtual EMS. Use the filters to narrow your search. Information provided includes pictures of the room and feature details;  click on the name of the room to view a floor plan showing location.
How soon you should submit your requests depend on the complexity and whether you only need a room or if you need additional support or spaces. The minimum lead time is two business days in advance for a room with no additional setup; more complex event planning needs to begin as soon as academic scheduling for the semester is published (see chart).
Scheduling can be requested by visiting the Scheduling Office, e-mailing, phoning (208) 496-3120, or by activating your account to submit your requests online through Virtual EMS (Event Management System).
Instructions are found on individual web pages or you may find the EMS Guidelines for Users or helpful tip video training. Our staff is available to answer your questions as well.
BYU-Idaho has centralized scheduling. The availability of the needed resources is just as critical to scheduling as finding open space. You should submit your request for custodial setups, audio/visual support, catering, etc. at the same time as you request your room. All campus dances must be coordinated through Social Activities. (If catering is involved, you will work directly with University Catering for selections.)
Events targeting a campus-wide audience are the stewardship of the Activities program. Please coordinate your plans with them prior to scheduling.
The Scheduling Office needs verification that the student is acting on your behalf. An e-mail or phone call will suffice. When the reservation is made, both you and the student will be listed as contacts and receive a confirmation of the scheduled space and resources.
Consideration for sponsoring non-university organizations requires additional review. Please fill out the Non-University Organization Scheduling Request Form to initiate the process.
The BYU-Idaho Calendar is a direct feed from the scheduling database. It is limited to events directly hosted or associated with BYU-Idaho and the Church Educational System. Specific event types are used to filter a view of the calendar for a designated audience (e.g. students, employees, alumni, community). If your event is approved to be on the calendar, please submit a description and image to the Scheduling Office.
We live in a world of change. Once your reservation has been confirmed, you will be assigned an event coordinator who will counsel you through your event planning. Changes can be made if there are available resources (manpower and space). No changes can be made within two business days of your event to enable support staff to appropriately plan their workload. Thinking critically while planning your event will help mitigate late changes.
All space requested for personal use (not directly associated with your employment) is considered community use. Please refer to the Community section of our website for more information.

Employee Scheduling Resources

Get started by planning in advance with the Scheduling Office.
Helpful videos about event ticketing, ushering, and event publishing.
Videos about how to integrate EMS with Outlook to save scheduling time.