New Employee Checklist
You will receive a one-time login to Workday via email to complete the Workday onboarding process. All steps must be finished in one sitting.
- Welcome to Onboarding
- Enter Personal Information
- Change Emergency Contact Information
- What to do next - Read instructions and then click "submit" to continue
- Review Documents - Read through each document to understand the implications and then select "I Agree"
- Complete Federal and State Withholding
- Conflict of Interest or Conflict of Time Commitment Declaration statement
- Enter Payment Elections
- Complete Form I-9 Section 1: Employee Information and Attestation
- Edit Government IDs
- Enter Contact Information
Human Resources Office
- Bring acceptable forms of identification to have Section 2 of the I-9 completed. Acceptable I-9 Identification: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/acceptable-documents
- Receive Parking Permit Authorization form to obtain your permit from Parking Services (additional information provided in next section)
- Full-time employees attend New Employee Orientation (typically on the Wednesday after your start date).
- Benefits Office - (208) 496-1711; email@example.com
On Your Own
- Create Username and Password for
- Complete Privacy Training: L
og into mybyui,select the Employee tab, scroll down and select Privacy and Information Security Training (score of 100% is required)
- Notify your Department Chair or Supervisor when the Privacy Training has been completed.
- Review Fire and Safety Training - http://www.byui.edu/university-operations/facilities-management/safety-training
- Employee Picture taken by Jeff Smith, (208-496-7232; MCK 358)
- Obtain BYU-Idaho I-Card/
ProxiCard through the Bursar Office, (208-496-1900; KIM 130)
- Turn in authorization
formto Parking Services (208-496-3030; KIM 150H) to receive parking permit
The following sections are to be completed by your supervisor. Be sure to direct your supervisor to complete these items.
- Accounting - Approve cash fund and signature authority through the Accounting Office, (208-496-1900; KIM 130)
- Grant access to special systems - Log into mybyui, select the Employee tab, scroll down and select Supervisor approval For Access To Special Systems (this gives the employee the Faculty tab, Workday administrative security, etc.).
- Keys - Request security for employee through Locks & Keys (208-496-2551) at this link: http://www.byui.edu/university-operations/facilities-management/access-control
- Credit Cards or Purchasing Cards through Valerie Gutierrez, (208-496-1901; KIM 290)
- For Adjunct Faculty employees, enter Period Activity Pay for the semester
- Dress & Grooming - Review appropriate dress standards and any specific requirements
- Safety - Provide safety training including exits and first aid stations or supplies
- Job Description - Review job responsibilities and departmental practices and procedures
- Time & Attendance - Review leave policies, time and attendance reporting practices, and availability of payroll notification at www.byui.edu/financial-services