The act or process of using words, sounds, signs, or behaviors to express or exchange information or to express your ideas, thoughts, feelings, etc., to someone else.
- How can effective communication resolve concerns?
- What experiences have you had when trying to communicate with businesses and communication has been poor? What resulted from those exchanges?
- Why does effective communication benefit both you and the person with whom you are communicating?
"Communication-the human connection-is the key to personal and career success." -Paul J. Meyer
"The basic building block of good communications is the feeling that every human being is unique and of value." -Author Unknown
"The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn't said." -Peter Drucker
"We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus
"You cannot truly listen to anyone and do anything else at the same time." -M. Scott Peck
"True disciples of Jesus Christ seek to follow His example in the ways they communicate. Their communications, both verbal and nonverbal, are to be kind, compassionate, and helpful, reflecting a love for Heavenly Father's children and an understanding that all people are brothers and sisters." -L. Lionel Kendrick (To view the complete address, "Christlike Communications", click here.)
"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." -Mother Theresa
- Effective Communication in Customer Service
- 15 Customer Service Skills that Every Employee Needs
- A Listening Ear
- Communication Skills Training
- 10 Ways to Have a Better Conversation (TED)
- How to Speak so that People Will Listen (TED)
- 7 Ways to Make a Conversation With Anyone (TED)