All University Scholarships are determined on financial need and/or merit, and they are available to Campus students only. BYU-Pathway Worldwide students are not eligible for University Scholarships but are eligible to receive private scholarships outside the university.
University Scholarships may not be transferred to different semesters unless a student officially defers for a mission. There are no exceptions to this policy.
University Scholarships may not be combined to exceed the full LDS tuition rate except for some talents grants.
Students must be enrolled in the correct number of credits by the FADD of each semester to prevent losing their University Grant(s).
Types of University Grants & Scholarships
- Must be admitted as a Campus student
- Must complete the necessary application
View individual award types for additional eligibility requirements.
- Disbursements are typically made only once at the beginning of the semester (or as soon as the student becomes eligible in the semester).
- If the application(s) were submitted on time, aid will typically be posted to the students’ financial accounts by the end of the first full week of the semester.
- Disbursements may fluctuate as students add/drop credits up until the university’s Financial Aid Determination Date (FADD).
- Aid is automatically applied to outstanding tuition and on-campus housing charges on students’ accounts. To allow for aid to pay for additional charges on students’ accounts, the Federal Financial Aid Authorization must be completed.
- The quickest and safest way to receive remaining financial aid funds is eRefund (direct deposit). Students must enroll in eRefund to receive their funds through this method.