Work Environment & Appreciation
University Mission Statement
Brigham Young University-Idaho was founded and is supported and guided by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Its mission is to develop disciples of Jesus Christ who are leaders in their homes, the Church, and their communities. The university does this by:
- Building testimonies of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and encouraging living its principles.
- Providing a quality education for students of diverse interests and abilities.
- Preparing students for lifelong learning, for employment, and for their roles as citizens and parents.
- Maintaining a wholesome academic, cultural, social, and spiritual environment.
BYU-Idaho's strong sense of purpose is shaped by the insight and direction of visionary leaders. Through the inspiration that comes to BYU-Idaho presidents and leaders of our sponsoring institution, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we receive the guidance that helps us understand our mission and what we must do to make it a reality.
To show appreciation to our BYU-Idaho employees we have events, programs and awards such as:
- Service Awards
- Exemplary Employee Awards
- Distinguished Faculty Awards
- Nominating Others
- All Employee Banquet
- Retirement Gifts
- Christmas Socials