What: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (Certified Course)
Who: BYU-Idaho Employees
Cost: $100 for course materials (to be paid by the participant's department to HR Account 1515-10-1600)
Note: Participants must get approval from department chair/director to use dept. funds
The 7 Habits Signature Program is based on Stephen R. Covey's book, "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People." It is one of the best-selling books of all time. In the program you will learn to:
- Take more responsibility for results and exercise more initiative.
- Set meaningful goals and follow through with them.
- Get more organized by improving your planning and time-management skills.
- Make relationships more productive through "win-win" thinking.
- Improve your listening and communication skills.
- Solve problems creatively and deal with conflict productively.
- Adopt a "continuous-improvement mindset" and improve your work-life balance.
THE 7 HABITS
- Be Proactive (The Habit of Choice)
- Begin with the End in Mind (The Habit of Vision)
- Mission Statements Presentation (PPT)
- Create Your Own Mission Statement (Word)
- Put First Things First (The Habit of Integrity and Execution)
- Think Win-Win (The Habit of Mutual Benefit)
- Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood (The Habit of Mutual Understanding)
- Synergize (The Habit of Creative Cooperation)
- Sharpen the Saw (The Habit of Renewal)