- Position Approval
- Post Job: Work out details/timeline with Department
- Un-post Job: Request finalists from Department
- Preliminary Skype/phone interviews--narrow the candidates down to 3 finalists
- Obtain Pre-Interview Clearances
- Schedule interviews for final candidates
- Hold on-campus interviews
- Hold Department Decision Meeting
- Final Decision Meeting
- Send Final Clearance document
- After Board approval is obtained, offer will be extended to candidate and regrets to finalists
- Prepare contract and coordinate onboarding process
BYU-I Resources, information and guidelines for hiring employees. Look at instructions for hiring full-time, staff, and temporary employees.
The following documents are for hiring managers and supervisors to read and use when in the process of conducting interviews for open positions within their departments. The documents below refer to BYU-Idaho employment laws, guidelines, and types of interviews questions.