If being involved in planning trips and leading others outside sounds like something you want to get engaged in, then being a manager may be for you.
In order to become a manager you must do the following
- Have a current CPR and First Aid certificate (Offered on campus from the safety office).
- Obtain a campus driving permit (click here).
- Attend a basic outdoor skills training (see below).
- Attend leadership development trainings (Offered every semester on Mondays in MC380 from 4-5PM).
- Be mentored and trained in the activities of your choice.
- Lead at least two trips per semester.
Basic Outdoor Skills Training
The basic skills outdoor training takes place 3 times each year.
- Fall 2017 (Sept. 5th-7th)
- Winter (TBD)
- Summer (TBD)
This training is free and is required of all incoming managers starting spring 2017. It is designed to help you become a better trip manager and better outdoor leader.
How Do I Apply
To apply please go to the following link and apply to become a manager.
If you would like more information on how to become a manager please join us on July 13th from 2PM-3PM in MC 386 to learn more. If there are questions that arise regarding the manager application process, please contact the activities office at 208-496-7300.