Success is earned at the career center
The Career Center is pleased to offer a Career Success Certification where you put into practice the skills you have learned in the Method. Completing a certificate develops your job search skills and shows potential employers you take initiative when it comes to your career. Plus, you earn benefits including a LinkedIn Certification and badge, a name tag and lanyard which gets you free entry to P2B and other Career Center sponsored events, and an entry into an I-Pad drawing at the end of the semester the certification was earned.
Completing the basic certification gets you a LinkedIn certification badge (above), name tag and lanyard which gets you free entry to P2B, access to some expeditions, and one entry to an iPad drawing at the end of the semester the certification was earned.
Meet with a Career Success Mentor to review your certification requirements. When complete you become certified!
Basic Certification Requirements
1. Complete the Become Mighty Challenge
2. Prepare a Me in 30 SecondsPitch
3. VMock Résumé in the green zone
4. Complete 3 practice interviews in VMock Interview
5. Conduct 2 Informational Interviews
6. Optimize your LinkedIn profile
- Upload a professional profile picture
- Upload a relevant background picture
- Polished headline
- Have 100 connections
- Engaging “About” section
- Updated work experience
- Skills section highlighting technical skills
- have 2 LinkedIn posts completed
Completing the Silver Certification gets you a LinkedIn silver certification, a silver ribbon for your name tag and lanyard and one entry for an I-Pad drawing at the end of the semester the silver certification was earned.
Silver Certification Requirements
- Handshake profile at 100%
- Engagement on BYU-I Connect
• Profile complete
• Join a group
• Connect with 5 mentors
- Conduct 10 Informational Interviews
- Have 250 LinkedIn connections
- 5 LinkedIn posts completed
- Received 2 LinkedIn recommendations
Meet with a Career Success Mentor to review your silver certification requirements. When complete you become Silver Certified!
Completing the Gold Certification gets you a LinkedIn Gold certification, a gold ribbon for your name tag and lanyard and one entry for an I-Pad drawing at the end of the semester the gold certification was earned.
Gold Certification Requirements
- Conduct 20 informational interviews
- Have 500 LinkedIn Connections
- Have a BYU-I professional mentor/or any professional mentor in your field
- 10 LinkedIn posts completed
Meet with a Career Success Mentor to review your gold certification requirements. When complete you become Gold Certified!