This facility is focused on small-scale production of dairy products, including fluid milk, cultured dairy foods (yogurt, sour cream, buttermilk, etc.), various cheeses, and ice cream/frozen desserts. The space possesses four mobile, stainless steel tables/workspaces (6' x 4'), which can be configured according to project needs. The facility is wash-down in nature, and is equipped with spray hoses (hot water, foam, sanitizer) for cleaning and sanitization. The space is utilized for instructional purposes (Dairy Processing, Food Product Development courses), and can comfortably accommodate up to 12 students. To view more photos of the product development and other facilities click here.
- Homogenization/Pasteurization: 2-Stage homogenizer, bench-top batch pasteurizer system (4 gallon) with preheating and cooling tanks, floor-scale batch pasteurizer system (45 gallon) with chill water tank
- Frozen desserts: Batch ice cream freezer (6 quart), continuous soft serve ice cream freezer (20 quart)
- Cheese Making: Cheese vat (50 gallon) with curd knife, Dutch lever cheese press, cheese cutter
- Packaging equipment: Vacuum packing machine, manual cup/bottle filler with capper/foil sealer
- Cold storage: Commercial Refrigerator (4 door), Walk-in refrigerator, Commercial freezer (4 door)
- Miscellaneous equipment: High capacity floor scale, benchtop scales, 10 gallon milk cans (5), small/large immersion blenders, peristaltic pumps (2), water bath, pH meter