Before printing know the size and quantity of prints you will need. If you are printing any marketing materials, please make sure it has been approved before printing. If you have been sent a display stamp during the approval process for a poster, apply it before sending the marketing poster to be printed.
Contact BYU-Idaho's Print & Copy Services for printing needs:
Print & Copy Services
Each printer will print our brand colors differently and some paper stocks will cause shifts in color. Uncoated paper will absorb ink and cause the color to be muted or less intense. Ink will sit on the top of coated paper, causing colors to appear brighter.
All printed material should closely match PMS 300 blue. Because most printing will be done by a laser printer variation is inevitable. We recommend obtaining a Pantone color swatch to compare with your printed proofs when possible. You can obtain a swatch by ordering a replacement page from pantone.com. If your proof does not match the PMS swatch, work with your print vendor to match it. When it is vitally important that the color is exact, use the Pantone inks to achieve the best color quality.
- Be sure to preview your work before sending it to printer, look for spelling errors, design, and file quality.
- Test print to check document bleeds, margins, and color.
- Export images at 300 pixels per inch for clear, high resoultion prints.
- Ask an associate at the printers for help. They know how their printers will handle an order best and how to get the results you are looking for.
1. Ask your vendor if you can have a full bleed on your prints. Full bleeds may cost you more because it requires the printer to print slightly larger to cut the print down.
2. Templates for approved media channels have a bleed built into them. If you are not using an approved template and want a full bleed, your work needs to extend .125 inches beyond the cut edge.
The red line is bleed mark. The green/black line shows you the edge of your work.
When you download an approved template for your media channel, the template will either be a illustrator or indesign file. Within the file there will be layers. The layers tool will help keep track of all the layers and what is on them. Be sure to leave them in the correct order. If you find difficulty, Adobe offers tutorials and additional help on understanding layers.
How to Save a Print Ready PDF
Learn how to downlowad a template, and save a print ready file.