Please Note: If you are on campus, you need to use the Tutoring Center located at MCK 272. Online tutoring is only for students outside of Rexburg
You can sign up for online tutoring through Tutortrac. When signing up for a session, please keep in mind that all times posted are Mountain Time Zone.
- Once you've signed in to Tutor Trac, select the course for which you desire tutoring and search for available tutors.
- Select a day and time that works for you.
- You must specify in the "additional notes" box that this session will be online. You should also include any questions or concepts you’ll want help with, then save the appointment.
- You must then email the tutor to confirm that this session is online. In this email dialogue it would be wise to exchange phone numbers to improve communication.
- You will then need to sign up for a Skype account, if you do not already have one. Once a Skype account has been created, you will need to add the following contacts to your contact list:
- You will then meet the tutor on Skype at the specified time of your session. If the session needs an online whiteboard, then the tutor will arrange for it.
Please keep in mind that it may take a few minutes for tutors to get the tutoring session set up. Please be patient with the technology.
If there doesn't appear to be a tutor for a specific course, or there isn't a time that meets your need, please contact the Director of Tutoring.
Necessary Tools for Online Tutoring
- A computer with a microphone and speakers (headset)
- High speed internet
- A Skype account
- A webcam (recommended)