Welcome to the BYU-Idaho Tutoring Center
You can make a difference by helping students in science, health and language courses.
You will feel the joy of sharing your knowledge and strengthening your talents. Make friends
and come to our pizza party! This opportunity will take two hours per week.
Get a tutor
The Tutoring Center offers online tutoring for students who are not in Rexburg.
Tutoring Center attempts to find and hire tutors for all highly tutored courses. Though, with the
demand of on campus tutoring and the challenge of finding tutors, some courses may not have
Get an online tutor
The Tutoring Center has created and compiled content specific video tutorials for the most
commonly tutored courses on campus. The tutorials are primarily created by tutors and vetted
by other tutors or campus faculty members. The videos are high quality, though we do not
guarantee perfection. If there is an error in a video, please contact the Tutoring Center with the
video name and a brief explanation of the inaccuracy.
The Tutoring Center has created practice quizzes for many highly tutored courses on
campus. This project is a work in progress, and more quizzes are being created each semester.
If there is an error on a quiz, please contact the Tutoring Center with the quiz name and a brief
explanation of the inaccuracy.
Take a quiz
David O. McKay Library 272
2nd Floor; East Wing
Interested in Being a Tutor?
To become a tutor for the BYU-Idaho Tutoring Center, there are several requirements:
- Have and maintain a 3.2 overall GPA or higher
- Receive an A- or better in any course you wish to tutor
- Complete the BYU-Idaho Tutoring Center Tutor Qualification Course
- Be recommended by your professor for the specific course (This can be an email from the professor to the Tutoring Center. Also, if the professor with which you took the course is no longer teaching the course or rotates courses semester to semester, you will need to get a recommendation from the professor currently teaching the course.)
- Agree to and abide by all Tutoring Center and Academic Support Centers policies and guidelines
For Faculty: Interested in Recommending a Potential Tutor?
To recommend a tutor to the BYU-Idaho Tutoring Center, you should do the following:
- Ensure the potential tutor has a 3.2 overall GPA or better (exceptions may be granted if all other avenues have been explored)
- Ensure the potential tutor received an A- or better in the course you'd like them to tutor (exceptions may be granted if all other avenues have been explored)
- Email the recommendation to the BYU-Idaho Tutoring Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Encourage the potential tutor to complete the BYU-Idaho Tutoring Center Tutor Qualification Course
Tutor Qualification Course
This qualification course provides the minimum prerequisite skills and knowledge needed for successful tutoring. It is open to all BYU-Idaho students interested in gaining these qualifications for use either in seeking employment or providing service to others. A student who already holds a CRLA or NTA certification is considered fully qualified.