David O. McKay Library 272
2nd Floor; East Wing
Welcome to the BYU-Idaho Tutoring Center
The Tutoring Center is for students who desire help beyond their regular classroom instruction. Individual, group, or walk-in sessions are available. Tutors are chosen from students who have succeeded academically in the class, who have completed a tutor training program, and who have been approved by their department.
To sign up and schedule tutoring appointments, click "Tutor Request" link above.
NOTE: We don't typically do tutoring for the Summer Session, but if you would like to make a request, please contact Brother Gentry at email@example.com.
Interested in Being a Tutor?
To become a tutor for the BYU-Idaho Tutoring Center, there are several requirements:
- Have and maintain a 3.2 overall GPA or higher
- Receive an A- or better in any course you wish to tutor
- Complete the BYU-Idaho Tutoring Center Tutor Qualification Course
- Be recommended by your professor for the specific course (This can be an email from the professor to the Tutoring Center. Also, if the professor with which you took the course is no longer teaching the course or rotates courses semester to semester, you will need to get a recommendation from the professor currently teaching the course.)
- Agree to and abide by all Tutoring Center and Academic Support Centers policies and guidelines
For Faculty: Interested in Recommending a Potential Tutor?
To recommend a tutor to the BYU-Idaho Tutoring Center, you should do the following:
- Ensure the potential tutor has a 3.2 overall GPA or better (exceptions may be granted if all other avenues have been explored)
- Ensure the potential tutor received an A- or better in the course you'd like them to tutor (exceptions may be granted if all other avenues have been explored)
- Email the recommendation to the BYU-Idaho Tutoring Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Encourage the potential tutor to complete the BYU-Idaho Tutoring Center Tutor Qualification Course
This qualification course provides the minimum prerequisite skills and knowledge needed for successful tutoring. It is open to all BYU-Idaho students interested in gaining these qualifications for use either in seeking employment or providing service to others. A student who already holds a CRLA or NTA certification is considered fully qualified.