Step 1 - See if BookShare has your books first
Go to www.BookShare.org and download your books if BookShare has them. If you need a free BookShare account just ask. VitalSource, RedShelf and Kindle also have accessible formats if you want to rent or purchase an eBook version. For E-Text you cannot find please continue below.
Step 2 - Verify the E-Text accommodation is checked for your course. (see Figure 1)
Login to the BYU-Idaho Disability Services Access Portal at: http://www.byui.edu/disability-services
- Once you have logged in, go to the left-hand side of your dashboard under My Accommodations and select List Accommodations. (see Figure 2)
- In the center of your dashboard, Select Courses in which you want E-text accommodations. (see Figure 3)
- Then scroll down and click the button to "Continue to Customize Your Accommodations". (see Figure 4)
- Make sure E-Text is one of your accommodations. If it is not then check the box and "Submit Your Requests" or Update for Administrator approval. (see Figure 5)
Step 3 - Select the Books you need in E-Text
- On the left hand side menu, select "Alternative Formats" under "My Accommodations". (see Figure 6)
Make sure the Term is the correct semester shown or click on next or previous term to choose. (see Figure 7)
- Scroll down and click the "Select" button only for the books you need Disability Services to get in E-Text for you. (see Figure 8)
Submit your receipt. Proof of purchase (or rent) is required for any book you press "Select" on. Email a pic of the receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your BYUI Bookstore receipts are available at https://web.byui.edu/BYUIStore/Receipts.
- You can Download your e-Text or see the progress of your book requests in this Alternative Formats area. All your book requests will be listed here. You will receive an email once a book is ready for download. (see Figure 9)
NOTE: Only select the books you need Disability Services to get in E-Text for you. EBooks purchased or rented from VitalSource, RedShelf or BookShare should already be in an accessible format, so no need to select them.