This page refers to on-campus marketing. For off-campus marketing, please refer to the Off-Campus Branding Guidelines.
Videos can be both persuasive and informative. Even if the message is complex, the audience will have a better understanding when the message is shown to them.
BYU-Idaho Login is required in order to view and download from Download Library.
Determine what your message is, the best way to communicate it, and what action you desire you viewers to take when others receive the message.
- Videos can be used to represent the University through online media.
- Video can be more memorable than a non-moving, soundless medium.
- To get enough views, videos need to be used often and in multiple places such as websites, emails, and presentations.
- Videos can be taken out of context.
- Videos are labor-intensive.
- They are typically outdated after publishing.
- Varies - labor and production costs, travel, and music licensing can be cost prohibitive.
There are two recommended options when creating a video. On-campus videos and live broadcasts should be produced by AV Productions. Off-campus and institutional videos should be produced by University Relations.
When submitting a video idea, the following information needs to be included:
- The objective that the video is going to achieve.
- The target audience.
- How the video is going to be used.
- A storyboard or script of the video.
- All videos need to incorporate branding elements from the University Video Guide.
Acquire University approval and the verification stamp (if needed) before publishing.
The following approvals are needed for publically distributed videos and live broadcasts.
- The first approval for copyright compliance and use of release forms should happen as you plan or create the video. For additional information visit byui.edu/copyright or contact Nate Wise at (208) 496 7218.
- If any Church materials will be used, permission must be obtained first by following these guidelines.
- A final review of publically-distributed videos is needed by the University's MarComm team by filling out this form. MarComm approvals are not needed for CVN ads.
Print or export your media, and distribute your message through official BYU-Idaho marketing channels.
Once the video has been approved, you may upload it to video.byui.edu, your department's authorized YouTube Channel, or submit a request to University Relations to post it to the school's YouTube channel.