The BYU-Idaho Dance Department is pleased to offer advanced teaching assistant opportunities to qualified students.
Advanced Teaching Opportunities
|Dance 103 Intro to Dance (Position Filled)|
|Dance 310 Conditioning for Dancers (Position Filled)|
|Dance 342-1 Yoga (Position filled) |
The following classes are overseen by faculty mentors and lead by students: Dance 131, 135, 140, 170, 171, 180. In order to be considered for this paid position, students must take the required prerequisites and fill out an application. Not all students will be accepted into this teaching program. Please click on the link below, specific to the class that you are interested in teaching, to find out more about this amazing opportunity. Applications should be turned in to the listed faculty by Monday, November 23, 2020 for winter 2021 semester employment.
|Dance 131 Beginning Jazz||Ashley Storm|
|Dance 140 Beginning Modern||Ashley Storm|
|Dance 135 Tap||Gary Larsen|
|Dance 170 World Dance||Gary Larsen|
|Dance 171 Beginning Clogging||Gary Larsen|
|Dance 180 Beginning Social Dance||Janie Fisher|
- Teach every class during the semester. If you are ill or unable to come, contact your advisor and arrange for a substitute.
- Submit hours; work with Eva Walburger, MC 214, to get set up on Workday.
- Maintain a professional teacher-student relationship. Students will call you “Brother” or “Sister”.
- ATA’s are not allowed to date any students in their class.
- Be prepared with all teaching material: lesson plans, approved BYUI music, and rolls.
- Maintain BYU standards in dress, grooming, and speech at all times.