Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions About Concurrent Enrollment

Learn more about concurrent enrollment, which classes are available for concurrent and dual enrollment, concurrent enrollment options for homeschool students, and much more.

Frequently Asked Questions

All first-time Concurrent Enrollment enrollees are required to submit a Parental/Guardian Consent Form prior to registering for classes.
Consent Form
Visit the Registration FAQ page for information about and links to the ALEKS Math and Basic Writing exams.
BYU-Idaho has a liberal transfer policy. That said, not everything transfers, and not all transferred credits fulfill GE and major requirements.

To determine if your high school's Concurrent Enrollment provider offers courses that transfer to BYU-Idaho, please use this course transfer equivalency tool.

First, select your state and the university or college sponsoring your high school's Concurrent Enrollment. This will bring up a list of courses from the selected universities and colleges that have been evaluated by BYU-Idaho. It will also list the BYU-Idaho course that the other course will replace in your graduation requirements or list an elective. In some cases, it may not be transferable.

If you are looking to transfer courses that fill major requirements, visit the catalog and search out your intended major. A list of required courses will be shown. Although most high school credits will not count for college credit, you can compare the list with the courses you have previously taken to determine if any of the courses fulfill prerequisites to majors. By taking BYU-Idaho Concurrent Enrollment courses on campus or online, there is no need to worry about transferability back to BYU-Idaho.

If you need help, your high school counselor should be able to assist you in navigating through this information.
All BYU-Idaho classes are available to Concurrent Enrollment students as long as the appropriate prerequisite requirements are met. Students are responsible for working with their high school counselors to ensure that the BYU-Idaho courses they select also meet high school credit requirements for dual credit and graduation.
Transfer of credit is determined by the school receiving the credit. We encourage you to contact the registrar's office of the school(s) you're interested in attending to find out how they handle transfer work from BYU-Idaho.

Concurrent Enrollment applicants need to be in or beyond their junior year of high school and be at least 16 years old.
There is no specific GPA requirement, but you should counsel with your parents and your high school counselor to make sure that you are ready to take college-level classes.
Yes, but check with your high school counselor to ensure credits will count toward high school graduation.
Steps for requesting enrollment verification are found on the Enrollment Verification page. For additional questions, email the Student Records & Registration office.