Young male student in amphitheater

Start the Application Process

Home Schooled Applicants

During the application process, you will be required to list any work completed through an institution that holds regional accreditation (see below), even if you will not graduate from that school. College work completed prior to high school graduation or as part of a homeschool program will be considered concurrent enrollment work. Students completing such coursework should apply as Freshmen (not as transfer students). 

If you will complete a homeschool program that satisfies your state's secondary education requirements, or if you have passed the GED or another state-approved high school equivalency exam, you can indicate this on the application. You will self-report your home school GPA on the application and be required to submit home school transcripts. Please download and fill out the Homeschool Transcript form.

If you will not graduate from homeschool or complete secondary education as required by your state, a GED or other state-recognized high school equivalency test may be required. If this requirement affects you, it will appear on your application status page at

For more information or questions regarding homeschooled applicants, contact BYU-Idaho at (208) 496-1411 or


BYU-Idaho, along with the other Church Education System institutions, relies on accreditation from national accreditation agencies to ensure that academic work meets acceptable, verified standards.

For regional accreditation, BYU-Idaho recognizes and accepts transcripts and diplomas from institutions accredited by the following accrediting bodies: 

● Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA)

● New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)

● North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA)

● Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC)

● Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)

● Western Association of Schools & Colleges (WASC) 

● Advanced 

In addition to accreditation from these agencies, an International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma is also considered as being accredited. Secondary education and college work completed outside the United States must be evaluated according to our  instructions for evaluating international educational records. Work completed through unaccredited homeschool programs, international work, and other work not accredited by one of the agencies listed above will not be accepted for admission evaluation.

Explore More

simplified image of a missionary        Services for Missionaries

graduation cap with money symbol on it         Student Loans 

simplified image of student walking with backpack       Student Living 

small icon of a clock         Application Deadlines

simplified image of house      Housing 

simplified image of person reading a book      Withdrawal

simplified image of a graduation cap      Fast Grad