What You Need Before You Begin the Application
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Login Information
- Make sure your membership number is connected to your church account
- High School GPA
- ACT/SAT score
Application Video Tutorials
What Comes Next
Waiting for a Decision
- Once a decision has been made on your application, you will receive an email from the University. The decision will also be indicated on the status page of the application, so check that often as some emails get automatically put into junk folders.
- When admitted, read acceptance letter and follow all directions
Apply for BYU-Idaho Grants (Scholarships)
- When you have submitted your BYU-Idaho application, you can start the BYU-Idaho Grant (scholarship) application. It’s due March 1 st every year.
- The Grant application is found at https://web.byui.edu/Scholarships/Application/Support/Login?ReturnUrl=%2fScholarships%2fApplication%2f
- You should also complete the FAFSA
- The track questionnaire is not a request form but gives admitted students the opportunity to make us aware of any circumstances that might influence when you attend
- In the admittance letter is a link to the track questionnaire. Complete track questionnaire
- The track questionnaire will auto-submit after 10 days
Watch email for track assignment
- When you receive your track assignment, read it and follow directions
- Step #1 in the track assignment email tells you how to accept your offer to attend BYUI
New Student Checklist
- In your track assignment, there is a link to a New Student Checklist. This will walk you through all of the next steps, including housing, registration, insurance, etc.
- Once students have been admitted, have accepted their offer to attend BYU-Idaho, and have received a mission call, they are able to defer for the duration of their mission. This means that BYU-Idaho will maintain a student’s enrollment and BYU-Idaho Grants (scholarships) until they return. To do this go to http://www.byui.edu/admissions/deferments