Submissions for Fall 2015 R&CW Conference will be opened on September 18, 2015 and the confernce will be held on December 10, 2015.
A mentor is a faculty member that assists students with all aspects of preparation for the R&CW. Students are strongly encouraged to work with a mentor. If a student chooses to not have a mentor, they are still required to have a faculty endorsement of their project.
Faculty Mentor Responsibilities:
- Explore possible research topics that reflect the student's interests and preparation.
- Identify the knowledge, experience, and skills the student needs to complete the project.
- Help the student define and focus the project, including the development of a timetable to assure that the project can be managed within the time frame allotted.
- Discuss with the student the details of how the proposed research, scholarly or creative project will be carried out.
- Communicate with the student regularly about their projects leading up to the submission of their abstract.
- Assist the student with the research, writing, abstract submission, and presentation components of the R&CW.
- Remind students that the abstract submission deadline is May 29th at 11:59 PM.
Faculty mentors are also encouraged, but not required, to attend the R&CW Conference on July 16th, 2015.
Here's a copy of the Rubric for Students-