|Emergency Contact: For imminent concerns, contact our 24-hour hotline at (208) 496-HELP or (208) 496-4357|
Spring Semester 2020 Counseling Center Policies and Procedures as a result of COVID-19
We are doing our best to be good community citizens and are following the recommendations of our church and government leaders to avoid face-to-face contact wherever possible. Given these recommendations, all services will be provided online until further notice. Please, do not come to the Counseling Center to schedule services or for your appointment. We care deeply for you and want to provide support.
The Counseling Center will start Spring Semester providing all services via TAO video conferencing or phone. Services will only be scheduled over the phone by contacting the front desk at 208-496-9370. Find a safe and confidential space where you can speak openly and help us make the best plans for your continued care.
Given legal restrictions, we are only able to provide services to students residing in Idaho.
To be eligible for services Spring Semester students must be assigned to a track and enrolled in classes.
As the semester progresses, please refer to this section for any updates regarding Counseling Center Policies and Procedures.
- Sign up for TAO https://thepath.taoconnect.org/local/login/index.php
- COVID-19 coping tips from the Counseling Center (PDF Download)
- Watch President Nelson’s Message of Hope
- TAO self-help modules that address common mental health concerns related to COVID-19 (PDF Download)
BYU-Idaho Counseling Center Summer Session Self-Help Mental Health Zoom Workshops
Each Tuesday at 2:00 p.m. during the Summer Session (July 27th – Sept 9th) counselors in the BYUI Counseling Center will provide a 45 minute discussion/presentation on different mental health topics (anxiety, depression, stress, emotion management etc.).
The URL for all of these workshops will be: https://byui.zoom.us/j/91642514514
Contact the BYU-Idaho Counseling Center at 208-496-9370 with any questions.
Other Self-help Resources:
- https://thepath.taoconnect.org/local/login/index.php - TAO (Therapist Assisted Online) – is a platform available to all students and employees of BYU-Idaho that provides helpful self-directed training to improve mental health.
- https://sites.google.com/view/fear-less - is a free resource that contains links to video recordings of prior BYU-Idaho FEAR-less Emotion Management Workshops.
*Note: Please be aware that workshops are not therapy. They are self-help classes. If you are looking for personal mental health therapy or personal advice please contact the BYU-Idaho Counseling Center (208-496-9370) to schedule to meet with a mental health provider. If you need emergency help please use one of the following resources:
- If you are in Idaho Call 211 to connect with the Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline: The hotline provides crisis intervention, emotional support, resource referrals, linkages to local services, and follow-up for all Idahoans, including those at risk for suicide and their families and loved ones. You could also text the Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline at (208) 398-4357.
- If you are not in Idaho call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255.
- Or; Call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Scheduling an Appointment
Call or walk in to schedule an appointment. AFTER scheduling an appointment, complete the following paperwork for your scheduled appointment.
An interactive, web-based program that provides effective strategies to manage stress, anxiety, depression, and other mental health concerns.
Individual, Couple, and Group Counseling
Mental health therapy, premarital and marital counseling, and group support.