Continuing Student Deferment
Conditions & Qualifications:
- Students are usually limited to one Continuing Student Deferment while attending BYU-Idaho. If you have previously deferred and need to defer again, please contact the Admissions Office.
- Students must have completed their first semester at BYU-Idaho.
- The Continuing Student Deferment is for one semester only. Following the deferred semester, students must re-enroll at the university for the next available semester of their assigned track.
- Students may not use different types of deferments in consecutive semesters.
- Students who plan to interrupt their studies for more than one semester should contact the Admissions Office to discuss enrollment options.
- Students must have a current ecclesiastical endorsement on file with the Student Honor Office in order to defer.
- Students cannot defer if they have Honor Code restrictions, have already used a Continuing Student Deferment, or did not attend their previous on-track semester.
- Complete the online Continuing Student Deferment Form.
- If you are currently registered for classes in the semester you want to defer, do not drop your classes until instructed to do so in the deferment process. When you drop your classes, remember to select the option that indicates you plan to re-enroll. This will allow you to complete the deferment process correctly.
- Please be aware that you will need to have a current ecclesiastical endorsement in order to register for the next semester of your track. We encourage you to contact the Student Honor Office at (208) 496--9300 to find out when your current endorsement will expire.
- You will be notified by email when a decision has been made.
- Deadline: The last day to withdraw from school and receive "W" grades and not the grades earned. For specific dates, please see the academic deadlines at www.byui.edu/srr.
Start the Deferment Process