- Where: Science and Technology Center - Room 341
- When: Wednesdays - 6:00 - 7:00 pm
- What: data-driven projects to build skills and support our community
Who is Invited?
Students that are driven by curiosity and interested in how data-driven decisions are made and those that have an eye for visualization and how information is communicated.
Please visit on a Wednesday night and get connected to our Slack and GitHub accounts.
The single mission of the BYUI Data Science Society is to build employable skills for careers related to data science. This will be accomplished through two primary emphases of the society:
- Real-world data-driven projects to support our community and that use the industry tools of data science .
- Connecting employers with the society to understand current workforce trends and potential internships .
 We will have projects from within the BYU-I community as well as projects that reach outside of campus. Some will be based data from competitions like kaggle.com and others will be provided directly from external businesses.
 We will leverage R, Python, SQL, Slack, and GitHub to manage the society.
 We will invite speakers to present on the skills they need for the data analytics applications.