The faculty of the Department of Mathematics at BYU-Idaho is committed to:
- Teaching in a positive, exciting way
- Encouraging student expertise and curiosity
- Providing models for study and learning that can be used in any discipline
Mathematics Programs offered:
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics Education
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics
- Minors in Mathematics
We provide students the opportunity to explore and use the beautiful and powerful language of mathematics.
Students who major in mathematics can choose from a wide variety of careers from forecasting next month's weather to predicting the winner of an upcoming election, from designing insurance policies to planning large scale irrigation projects, from teaching students the Pythagorean Theorem to creating new theorems. Mathematicians discover and explore the properties of abstract structures and apply them to almost every human endeavor.