Target Student Teaching Semester
Preparation Process Due Date
July 15th, 2024
February 5th, 2025
Student Teaching Placements will not be considered until all preparation requirements have been met. (See due dates above.)
- Complete the Notice of Intent online form below.
- Click "Grad Plan Approved" on Notice of Intent once you have sent our office your approved plan screenshot.
- Read, sign and submit the Statement of Understanding which is included in the link for the Notice of Intent.
- Create a Cover Letter using the resources found below.
- Email your finished cover letter to Student Teaching Services firstname.lastname@example.org OR upload in the Notice of Intent Process.
Cover Letter Templates
- Please use the Resume Sample (found below) to create your resume.
- Email your finished resume to the Student Teaching Services Office (email@example.com) OR upload in the Notice of Intent Process.
Meet with an Academic Advisor
*NOTE: Our office will email you letting you know when you need to be fingerprinted. You are responsible to call our office to schedule an appointment. In other words, this part of the process is not due the same day as the Preparation Process.*
Fingerprints are good for 3 years. If you have been fingerprinted in the state you will be teaching in, you still must be fingerprinted for the State of Idaho.
- Regardless of intended destination for student or career teaching, All Education majors must be fingerprinted for The State of Idaho.
- Fingerprinting is completed in the Student Teaching Services Office. Fingerprinting office hours are M-F 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. By appointment only. Call (208) 496-4140 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bring with you a government-issued ID. (Driver's license, state-issued photo ID, passport, military ID with photo, etc.)
If you are student teaching in Utah you will be asked to complete a second set of fingerprints. This will occur after you have applied and have been assigned.