Required Documentation After Admittance to the PTA Program
The following immunizations and documentation are required and need to be email to PTA@byui.edu by October 31st and will need to be maintained throughout the program.
- Tdap (within the last 10 years)
- MMR (vaccination dates (2) or positive titers)
- Hepatitis B (vaccination dates (3) or positive titer)
- Varicella/Chicken pox (vaccination dates (2) or positive titer)
- Current copy of your American Heart Association CPR/BLS for Healthcare Providers card
- 10-Panel Drug Test
- Medical Exam Form signed by a Physician
Since the following are required annually, we encourage that these be completed in December so they remain valid for both clinical internships. Documentation will be required by the last day of Fall semester and need to be emailed to PTA@byui.edu.
- Annual verification of a negative TB/PPD skin test report (a positive result requires a clear chest x-ray report)
- Annual flu vaccine (for Fall and Winter semesters)
10 Panel Drug Screen
A 10-panel drug screen is a requirement for the BYU-Idaho PTA program.