Requirements to Apply
- Apply to BYU-I at besmart.com
- Contact Academic Advising
- Students must complete BIO 264, BIO 264L, BIO 265 and BIO 265L with a " B- " or higher and maintain a minimum of "C-" in all major courses.
- Students may repeat/retake a total of two (2) nursing prerequisite courses.
- For courses needed prior to or at the time of application, see the "Suggested Course Sequence" section below. A final grade must be posted for BIO 264, BIO 264L, BIO 265, BIO 265L, CHEM 101, CHEM 101L and PSYCH 111 prior to acceptance.
- General work experience (paid and unpaid), medical experience (CNA, EMT, Medical Assisting), Church and community leadership, Church mission, military service, and ROTC students with an approved grad plan are all considered at the time applications are reviewed.
- May only apply twice.
- 3.0 Core grade point average (GPA) is required at the time of selections (Core GPA courses include: BIO 264, BIO 264L, BIO 265, BIO 265L, CHEM 101, CHEM 101L and PSYCH 111)
- Pre-admission exam with a minimum 75% pass rate. ( Instructions for the out of state pre-admission exam testing.) * Make sure you obtain and keep your Pre-admission exam score sheet to upload into your applicaiton.
**A current American Heart Association Basic Life Support , BLS provider card (no other CPR card will be accepted) is required immediately following acceptance into the program.
Acceptance is conditional on NURS 105 being completed prior to beginning the program.
For Students with English as a Second Language
- Take the English Proficiency Examination
- Have a TOEFL score of at least 600 (paper-based score), 250 (computer-based score), 100 (Internet-based score).
The following deadlines are for the Pre-Licensure BSN application.
Fall Admission: February 15
Winter Admission: May 15
Spring Admission: October 15 *Updated*
Suggested Course Sequence
Semester 1-4 courses must be complete before beginning the core nursing sequence in semesters 5-8. Semesters 5-8 are consecutive and track overrides will be applied with no deferments accepted.
The courses listed in the table below are required prior to beginning the nursing program; the asterisked courses must have a grade prior to selections.
The course sequence below is updated for the new 2019 catalog requirements (General Education). For pre-2019 catalog years (Foundations), plese see the first 4 semesters listed on the "Course Sequence" website page.
|1ST SEMESTER||2ND SEMESTER||3RD SEMESTER||4TH SEMESTER|
A final grade must be posted prior to acceptance into the nursing program.
PRE-LICENSURE BSN APPLICATION:
Fall - February 15th
Winter - May 15th
Spring - October 15th *Update*