The following deadlines are for the Pre-licensure BSN application.
|Desired semester to be in the Nursing Program:||Application Deadline:||Core course grades have to be posted at the end of:||Selections, notification, and finishing required (non-core) courses:|
|February 15th||Winter Semester||Spring Semester|
|Winter Semester||May 15th||Spring Semester||
|Spring Semester||October 15th||Fall Semester||
Applicants will be notified prior to the first day of registration for the corresponding semester
- Apply to BYU-I at besmart.com
- Contact Academic Advising
- Students must complete BIO 264, BIO 264L, BIO 265 and BIO 265L with a " B- " or higher and maintain a minimum of "C-" in all major courses.
- Students may repeat/retake a total of two (2) nursing prerequisite courses
- For courses needed prior to or at the time of application, see the "Suggested Course Sequence" section below. A final grade must be posted for BIO 264, BIO 264L, BIO 265, BIO 265L, CHEM 101, CHEM 101L and PSYCH 111 prior to acceptance.
- General work experience (paid & unpaid), medical experience (CNA, EMT, Medical Assisting), Church and community leadership, Church mission, military service, and ROTC students with an approved grad plan are all considered at the time applications are reviewed.
- May only apply twice
- 3.0 Core grade point average (GPA) at the time of selections (Core GPA courses include: BIO 264, BIO 264L, BIO 265, BIO 265L, CHEM 101, CHEM 101L and PSYCH 111.
- Pre-admission exam with a minimum 75% pass rate. See more information below ("Application" #10)
- Acceptance is conditional on NURS 105 being completed prior to beginning the program. If an applicant is a certified CNA, they may request a waiver of NURS 105.
- For Students with English as a Second Language
- Take the English Proficiency Examination
- Have a TOEFL score of at least 600 (paper-based score), 250 (computer-based score), 100 (Internet-based score).
- Core GPA of 3.0 or higher. Core GPA courses include: BIO 264, BIO 264L, BIO 265, BIO 265L, CHEM 101, CHEM 101L and PSYCH 111
- Short Essay
- Work Resume specifying number or years working experience in medical field and general work experience
- Leadership Resume listing dates, organization, nature of the activity, and your role in that service project or activity- for school, community, or church leadership
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (one personal, one professional): Use the following link to fill out a reference request survey. Follow the directions in the survey carefully, and then send the link given in the survey to your desired reference. (All survey links can be used multiple times) https://byui.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3DDACZxmRp7WT09
- Background check *UPDATE: As of Nov 2019, the background check is not a requirement for application. Background checks will be required by students that are conditionally accepted into the program.
- Medical form (requires a signed physical)
- Unofficial transcripts from other universities/colleges attended (copies of official transcripts can be obtained through the BYU-I Student Records and Registration office by emailing email@example.com)
- Unofficial BYU-Idaho transcript
- Pre-admission exam with a minimum 75% pass rate.
- Instructions on how to request the Pre-admission exam (Rexburg area)
- Instructions for the out-of-state pre-admission exam testing
- Make sure you obtain and keep your Pre-admission exam score sheet to upload into your application.
- Upload documentation of TOEFL score, for students with English as a second language
To begin the application, go to this webpage: https://web.byui.edu/inplace/studentoptin
- Enter your I# and choose the Pre-Licensure application.
- Wait overnight for your request to be processed
- Your username and password are the same as your BYU-I login.
- Here is a PowerPoint presentation to guide you through the I-Place application!
- Note: On the application, there is not a "Final Submit" button.
If you encounter any issues with the application, please try using another browser (Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox). If there are any further issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You are welcome to email (email@example.com) or visit the Health Programs Outreach office (BEN 240, 242, 244) to verify if your application to the Nursing program is complete or to ask any questions you may have.
Pre-Licensure BSN Tuition and Fees
In addition to the university tuition, the Pre-Licensure BSN program has the following additional costs. Estimated totals include fees, books, and software:
1 SEMESTER: $ 1325.00
2 SEMESTER: $ 625.00
3 SEMESTER: $ 425.00
4 SEMESTER: $ 425.00 + fees*
* Licensure and fingerprint fees are determined by the State Board of Nursing once registered for the NCLEX
Immunizations and Documentation
The following immunizations and documentation are required, after being conditionally accepted into the Nursing program. Students that are conditionally accepted will be fully accepted once the currently enrolled pre-requisite courses are successfully completed, student has a clear background check, and all immunizations and documentation listed below have been uploaded into I-Place.
* UPDATE: The deadline for conditionally accepted students to upload the immunizations and documentation are:
Fall: July 15th (flu vaccine deadline is October 1st)
Winter: December 15th (flu vaccine deadline is January 1st)
Spring: April 15th (No flu vaccine requirement)
Failure to upload the required immunizations and documentation listed below will result in the acceptance to the Nursing program being revoked.
The 'annual' and 'upon expiration' immunizations will need to be maintained, throughout the course of the program. An ADVI hold will be placed on a student's account for failure to update the requirements. To remove the hold, the student will need to update the expired immunization in I-Place and contact HPO@byui.edu.
Annual flu vaccine
- Fall- Oct 1st deadline; Winter- Jan 1st deadline (only 1 is required per year and is dependent on the semester you are attending)
Annual verification of a negative TB/PPD skin test report (a positive result requires a clear chest x-ray report)
Current copy of your * American Heart Association Basic Life Support, BLS Provider card* (no other CPR card will be accepted)
Tdap (within the last 10 years)
The following are submitted at the time of acceptance only:
Background check Student Background Investigation Instructions.
MMR (vaccination dates (2) or positive titers)
Hepatitis B (vaccination dates (3) or positive titer)
Varicella/Chicken pox (vaccination dates (2) or positive titer)
A 10-Panel Drug Test +alcohol - please wait for notification on when and how to obtain this from the Department of Nursing
PRE-LICENSURE BSN APPLICATION:
Fall - February 15th
Winter - May 15th
Spring - October 15th