Please schedule your Pre-Admittance Exam
For general I-Place, application, or immunization questions: contact the Health Programs Outreach office at HPO@byui.edu
The Spring 2019 Pre-licensure BSN application is now available!
Deadline for the Spring 2019 application is Nov 15th
The following deadlines are for the Pre-licensure BSN application.
|Semester||Application Opens||Application Closes||Approximate Notification Dates|
- Apply to BYU-I at besmart.com
- Contact academic advising
- Students must complete BIO 264, BIO 264L, BIO 265 and BIO 265L with a " B- " or higher and maintain a minimum of "C-" in all major courses.
- Students may repeat a total of two nursing prerequisite courses
- For courses needed prior to or at the time of application, see the "Suggested Course Sequence" section below. Please note the asterisked courses and that at least 2 of the following Foundation Courses: FDENG 101, FDSCI 101, FDAMF 101, or FDMAT 108 must be completed prior to application.
- Will also look at work (paid & unpaid) experience (i.e., CNA, EMT, Medical Assisting, church and community service, and leadership), LDS missions, Military service, and ROTC students with approved grad plans
- May only apply twice
- 3.0 Core grade point average (GPA) at the time of application (Core GPA courses include: BIO 264, BIO 264L, BIO 265, BIO 265L, CHEM 101, CHEM 101L and PSYCH 111.
- Pre-admission exam with a minimum 75% pass rate. Instructions for the out of state pre-admission exam testing.
For Students with English as a Second Language
- Take the English Proficiency Examination
- Have a TOEFL score of at least 600 (paper-based score), 250 (computer-based score), 100 (Internet-based score).
- The following information will be required for the application:
- Core GPA of 3.0 or higher. Core GPA courses include: BIO 264, BIO 264L, BIO 265, BIO 265L, CHEM 101, CHEM 101L and PSYCH 111
- Short Essay
- Work Resume specifying number or years working experience in medical field and general work experience
- Leadership Resume listing dates, organization, nature of the activity, and your role in that service project or activity- for school, community, or church service and leadership
- Personal/ Professional Reference: Use the following link to fill out a reference request survey. Follow the directions in the survey carefully, and then send the link given in the survey to your desired reference. (All survey links can be used multiple times) https://byui.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3DDACZxmRp7WT09
- Background check
- Medical form (requires a signed physical)
- Unofficial transcripts from other universities/colleges attended (copies of official transcripts can be obtained through the Student Records and Registration office)
- Unofficial BYU-Idaho transcript
- Pre-Admission Exam score 75% or higher
- TOEFL score, for students with English as a second language
- Take the Pre-admission exam. (Cost and location information is provided in the tab below)
- Complete a background check using the Background Check button below
- Please click this link to apply to the Pre-Licensure BSN program: https://web.byui.edu/inplace/studentoptin
- Enter your I# and choose the Pre-Licensure application. Please, note that you will not recieve an email for now. You will have to wait overnight (as stated below) and then log into I-Place with your BYU-I username and Password. Follow the PowerPoint presentation below to guide you through the application.
- Wait overnight for your request to be processed and then enter/upload your application information into I-Place using this link: https://iplace.byui.edu
- Here is a PowerPoint presentation to guide you through the I-Place application!
- Note: On the application, there is not a "Final Submit" button. All documents are uploaded individually by clicking the "submit" button provided for each section.
If you encounter any issues with the application, please try using another browser (Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox). If there are any further issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
PRE-LICENSURE BSN TUITION AND FEES
- ALL COSTS ARE CURRENTLY BEING UPDATED -
In addition to the university tuition, the Pre-Licensure BSN program has the following additional costs. Estimated totals include fees, books, and software:
1 SEMESTER: $ 1325.00
2 SEMESTER: $ 625.00
3 SEMESTER: $ 425.00
4 SEMESTER: $ 425.00 + fees*
* Licensure and fingerprint fees are determined by the State Board of Nursing once registered for the NCLEX
IMMUNIZATIONS AND DOCUMENTATION:
The following immunizations/documentation are going to be required after the point of your acceptance and they will need to be maintained, throughout the course of the program.
Annual flu vaccine: Fall- Oct 15th deadline; Winter- Jan 15th deadline (only 1 is required per year and is dependent on the semester you are attending)
Annual verification of a negative TB/PPD skin test report (a positive result requires a clear chest x-ray report)
Current copy of your American Heart Association Basic Life Support, BLS Provider card
Tdap (within the last 10 years)
The following are submitted at the time of acceptance only:
MMR (vaccination dates (2) or positive titers)
Hepatitis B (vaccination dates (3) or positive titer)
Varicella/Chicken pox (vaccination dates (2) or positive titer)
A 10-Panel Drug Test +alcohol - please wait for notification on when and how to obtain this from the Department of Nursing
For addition help, contact an advisor through the following: