Students are responsible for finding their own internships but there are a lot of resources available to help you.
How to get started
- Visit with your department internship coordinator to discuss prerequisites and internship requirements.
- Search past internships completed by BYU-Idaho students for ideas of possible companies. (BYU-Idaho Internships: 2011-2015)
- Discuss possible opportunities with your professors or faculty mentor.
- Visit Career Navigator, the Alumni Office, LinkedIn, the Internship Service Missionaries, and utilize your own network to find opportunities.
- Stop by the Career Networking Center (CNC) which offers the networking crash course, walk-in resume help, and general career planning. They can also direct you to the other career services offered by the Academic Discovery Center. The CNC is located in MC 127A.
- Have your resume and cover letter reviewed by meeting with a trained peer mentor. Practice interviews are also available. Schedule an appointment here.
- Once you have found an internship, follow the internship approval process.