Students or Campus Groups
No charge for official campus groups. YSA Wards and Stakes get a 20% discount.
Great for family reunions, scout troops, wards, businesses, and other organizations.
The Ropes Course may be scheduled in advance for a group of 8 or more. A session at the Ropes Course is a great way to get to know other people. During a normal 2-hour reservation, groups will play ice-breaker games, work together to solve puzzles, and help one another conquer the ropes course, power pole, QuickFlight or giant swing. The Ropes Course provides opportunities for individuals and groups to learn skills like team building, problem-solving, support, trust, and unity.
We are now open! You may make a reservation online for as few as 1 person! The ropes course, zip line, and QuickFlight for a 2-hour period will be included in your purchase.
Monday and Friday from 4-10 pm
Saturday 8 am to 10 pm
Click the link below to make a reservation for individuals or small groups:
If you have a group that would like to have a team-building experience, use the lower initiatives, power pole or giant swing, this is not included with online reservations, and you would want to make a reservation by phone through the scheduling office at least 7 days in advance. We will be open for advanced reservations listed below.
Monday - 8am to 4pm
Tuesday - 8am to 10pm
Wednesday - 8am to 10pm
Thursday - 8am to 10pm
Friday - 8am to 4pm
Saturday - Online Only
Sunday - Closed
To make an advanced reservation please call the BYU-Idaho scheduling office at 208-496-3120
The Ropes Course is located at 50 W 7th S, west of the Rexburg Temple and within the sports complex.
Shorts are acceptable, but they must be modest in nature. Clothing should not be restrictive. Jewelry, neckerchiefs, sharp objects in pockets, large belt buckles, and watches should be removed. Long hair should be tied back. Clothing should be appropriate for the weather; layer clothing for cooler weather. Tennis shoes or light hiking boots should be worn. Keep shoelaces tied. Flip-flops are not an appropriate footwear.
- Ropes Course: The new ropes course is a three-level structure that has something for everyone. The bottom level contains moderate challenge elements, the middle level is more difficult, and the top level is the most difficult. Once participants are connected to the course with our continuous belay system, they may guide themselves throughout the course. We are confident that whether you are looking to step out of your comfort zone a little or venture further out, you will find the right challenge and have fun. (Limit 60 climbers per two hour period)
- Zip Line: The zip line is connected to the ropes course and travels around the ropes course property. There are three sections of zip line that starts at the top level of the ropes course and ends at the first level. This is an experience that everyone should have. The view from the top is excellent!
- Giant Swing: One person at a time sits in a harness suspended in the air, the rest of the group hoist the swinger up to 50 feet in the air! When ready, the participants release themselves to start swinging toward the earth! This is a great team-building and confidence-building activity. (Limit 20 per two-hour period)
- Power Pole: The power pole is a true test of grit and a great way to build a team. A harnessed participant climbs a 40 ft. pole and stands on top, with the rest of the team looking on and providing support. The climber then leaps forward to grab a trapeze bar. Whether or not the climber reaches the bar, the team slowly and softly lowers them to the ground. (Limit 20 per two-hour period)
- QuickFlight Free Fall Device: Imagine stepping off a platform and experiencing a taste of true, unrestricted free fall before being softly caught and smoothly lowered to the ground. Like the power pole, this is a challenge to step out of your comfort zone and into the unknown!
- Team Development Course: This course is designed to help groups learn principles of teamwork, communication, and cohesiveness through of possible challenges. Our staff can also create an experience based upon any principle or theme you would like. This activity is great for department training, youth groups and families. (Limit 35 per two-hour period)
- Whale Watch: This activity tests the balance and skill of the entire team, and that's just the beginning!
- Spider Web Activity: Participants in this activity are carefully passed through holes in a spider web of string.
- Team Wall: The team wall is a classic teamwork activity. This is a great metaphor for overcoming obstacles and brings teams together very quickly.
- Wild Woozy: This partner activity tests the trust and balance between two people as they get farther apart.
- Prouty's Landing: Prouty's will test a group's ability to keep everyone in the group together and supported. (Unlimited per two-hour period if not combined with Swing, Tower, or TDC)