Applying to BYU-Idaho
International students that want to attend BYU-I can find information about how to apply online through Admissions. Questions about applying and admission to BYU-I should be directed to the Admissions office.
Admissions E-mail Address - email@example.com
Admissions Phone Number - (208) 496-1411
Pre-arrival Guide for New International Students
Apply to BYU-Idaho. Before beginning your I-20 application you must first be conditionally admitted to BYU-I. Your BYU-I application is on hold until you are approved to receive an I-20.
- Apply for an I-20. Log on to Sunapsis and fill out the Application for Form I-20. You must provide a copy of your passport and proof of financial support. Once you accept your admissions offer, you then pay the international deposit.
- Apply for a U.S. visa. Before making travel arrangements you must apply for a student visa with a U.S. embassy near you.
- Search for housing. Once you have received your visa, begin searching for appropriate housing.
- Understand regulations. Learn about basic immigration regulations to maintain your status while studying in the U.S.
- Register for classes. You are required to enroll in a minimum of 12 credits. Only 3 credits or 1 online class counts toward the minimum of 12 credits, with the remainder being on-campus courses. It is important to register early to enroll in the classes you need.
- Find the best way for you to travel to campus and book your travel!
Congratulations! We are looking forward to meeting you!(Download Pre-Arrival Graphic)
After international students (transfer students included) have been conditionally admitted to BYU-Idaho, they can begin their application for Form I-20.
The Form I-20 is a Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status issued to F-1 international students who have been accepted into a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) certified school. This form is issued by International Services at BYU-Idaho from a Designated School Official (DSO).
Students must also obtain a Form I-20 for any eligible dependents (spouse or children) they plan to bring to the U.S. F-1 students must be issued an I-20 before scheduling a visa interview. The Form I-20 is required for international students to obtain a student visa, to enter the U.S., and to study in the U.S. The Form I-20 establishes that a student meets the criteria for non-immigrant student status. See the I-20 Application Process page for more information about the I-20.