Welcome to Elementary Education!
You have chosen a major that will help you follow the example of the Savior to become an outstanding educator who empowers learners to reach their divine potential. The following topics will help you navigate your educational experience as your progress through the major. Each topic is linked to your major’s Canvas course for more detailed information.
As you begin your journey be sure to start off on the right track by doing the following before your early field experience in the schools (Ed 245):
- Attend Majors Meeting
- Get Fingerprinted
- Take Ed: 361 Principles on Assessment and Tracking
- Maintain at least a 2.5 GPA
Successfully progress through your major by completing the following requirements:
- Get your Technology Certification
- Maintain a good Teaching Disposition
- Complete state Literacy Assessments I, II, III, and IV
- Take the required Praxis tests for your major and minor area:
- Meet Senior Practicum Requirements by:
- Finish strong in Student Teaching