Frequently Asked Questions
What name do I use on my background check? (maiden name or given name)
Use the legal name found on a valid government issued driver's license, identification card, social security card, or passport. (If you are married and have already changed your name in your government issued ID, use that name- If not use maiden name) (School IDs are not considered as proof of legal name)
How do I change my name on my background check?
- If there is a need to change the legal name in the profile (old registration/correction): Fax proof of legal name to the Criminal History Unit (208-332-7991). Include a date of birth. Use any of the following as proof: marriage license, valid government issued driver's license, identification card, social security card, or passport
- Or tell the finger printer when you come in to do your background check & fingerprinting.
What do I need for the background check?
- Fill out the application
- Go to the website https://chu.dhw.idaho.gov/
- Click New Registration
- Register as an applicant to create your personal user name and password. Write them down and keep them in a secure place - you will use them several times.
- Next, you must log on with your personal user name and password that you just created.
- Choose Complete Application from the menu on the left.
- Fill in the information page after page. Clicking the Next button at the bottom of each page will take you to the next page.
- You must know the Agency ID number and enter it when asked. Please ensure that you have that information on hand before you apply.
- When done, click the SUBMIT button
- Now, you can follow the instructions to schedule your fingerprint appointment.
- 10. Print your application. It will be at least three pages.
- Bring government issued ID to background check
- The school issues the student a 999- number. This is a "temporary" Social Security number to use as a student or where Homeland Security approved them to work in the US until they can receive a permanent number or become naturalized.
- When they get to the part regarding residency in the last 5 years, just add in all the addresses.
- Do not edit the "mailing" address that is already listed in there unless it's an edit for misspelling or other typo error.
- If the mailing address is the same as the residential, just add in the address again as an "application" address.
- Additional charges:
- Arkansas: $10.00
- Colorado: $28.00
- Kansas: $10.00
- Kentucky: $10.00
- Minnesota: $20.00
- Pennsylvania: $8.00
- South Carolina: $8.00
- Virginia: $10.00
- Washington: $20.00
- Wyoming: $10.00
(If state not listed no additional charge)
Where can I get my TB test?
The school health center, Walgreens, Community Care, or other community medical places.
How long do TB tests take?
It takes a few minutes for the TB test to be administered then you have to go back 48 hours later to get it read, which only takes a few minutes.
How long are my background check, TB test, and CPR certification good for?
Three for background and TB/CPR are good for two years.
What are my available resources as a teacher?
- We have a resource website:
- From here you can access a resource list of everything available in the labs
Where can I find ideas for my lesson plans?
- We have a lab Pinterest page you can follow. Our username is rchildlabs.
- In RR2 are plenty of books with ideas for activities that you have access to
- Your supervisor may have a resource binder that she can supply with examples of past lessons