About Dance Alliance
From inventive contemporary to classic elegance, Dance Alliance lights up the stage with extensive costuming and dynamic movement. Dance Alliance is a unique company comprised of 35 students from Brigham Young University-Idaho. Dance Alliance distinguishes itself through its varied repertoire of genres including ballet, jazz, contemporary, swing, tap, ballroom, American folk, and world dance.
A primary goal of the troupe is to uplift and inspire audiences through the language of dance, a language that communicates and can be understood by all. The company strives to keep their music, costumes, and choreography in harmony with the 13 th Article of Faith which states, "Anything that is virtuous, lovely or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."
• Dance Alliance is a unique company comprised of 35 students from Brigham Young University-Idaho. From inventive contemporary to classic elegance, Dance Alliance lights up the stage with extensive costuming and dynamic movement. These students strive for excellence in both dance and life, as they develop their talents and become unified in a praiseworthy endeavor.
• Members are selected by audition and represent the finest dance artists on campus. Each dancer brings many years of previous experience, and adheres to an ambitious rehearsal and performance schedule.
• The company is under the artistic direction of faculty members of the BYU-Idaho Department of Dance: Gary Larsen is Director.
• Company members are tutored by master teachers and professional dancers. These young people are prepared to teach as well as perform, and look forward to every opportunity to share their talent.
• Since its creation, the company has toured throughout the United States and in many countries around the world. Tour highlights include: El Salvador, Panama, Mexico, Brazil, New Zealand, Fiji, Belarus, Ukraine, Brazil, Austria, and Russia.
• The Dance Alliance toured Central Canada in July of 2013. They enjoyed great success with numerous performances and outreach events.