Note: This page is not intended to outline all internship policies and guidelines, but serves as a general source of information. For further information, please visit with your faculty internship coordinator.
Instructions for International Internships
Acknowledgement of International Internship Insurance Form
Information on International Internships Required Supplemental Insurance
Instructions for Entrepreneurial Internships
Entrepreneurial Internship Sample Business Plan
Instructions for On-campus Internships
Instructions for Healthcare Facility Internships
- Internship courses are registered for academic credit and will receive a letter grade (not pass/fail).
- Internship courses require assignments to be submitted that will determine your grade for the course. The course syllabus will be available on I-Learn once you are registered, or can be obtained from your internship faculty coordinator.
- To receive credit for an internship students must complete the Internship Approval Process. This should be done before starting the internship if possible, or within the first few weeks of work.
- Students must complete an end-of-experience evaluation for the University. This is in addition to any evaluation or assignment given by your faculty internship coordinator.
Experiences not qualifying for Internship Credit:
- Door-to-door sales
- Multi-level marketing positions
- Call-center phone-based positions
- Telecommuting, work-from-home and internet research-based positions unless pre-approved by Internship & Career Services.
Length and Hour Requirements
- Internships must be a minimum of 7 weeks, 10 hours per week, to be considered for academic credit. However, each department has specific requirements for internship hours, which may be greater than the University minimums. Please check with your department internship coordinator for complete details.
- Students are encouraged to work full-time for the entire length of a semester if possible, to ensure they have the most valuable experience.
- Major specific requirements can be found here