It is recommended that students first visit the BYU-Idaho Internships webpage to become familiar with the requirements and then seek internships through networking activities.
Internships are designed to give students experience in the area of Exercise Physiology and related fields.
Internships must be related to the major coursework. Dental internships do not count.
Students are responsible for finding their own internships. The career services office is a helpful resource to identify previously approved student internships for Exercise Physiology majors.
- Internships must be completed by the final lecture day of the semester in which credit is earned.
- Internships must be at least 10 hours per week.
- Internships must span at least 7 weeks.
- One credit internships must include at least 100 hours of work. Two credit internships must include at least 200 hours of work.
- Internships must span at least five weeks into the semester in which credit is earned.
- To receive credit for internships, students are required to complete a syllabus quiz, submit quarterly reports, and have their supervisor complete a student evaluation.
Visit I-Plan, BYU-I's new online tool for academic planning, for internship planning and approval.