Who can be seen at the Student Health Center:
Traditional students, the spouse or dependent of a student, or those with the student health plan.
To Schedule an Appointment:
Call (208) 496-9330 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
NOTE: If a student is sick, THE PARENTS OR ROOMMATES OF THE STUDENT ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT. The student must schedule their own appointment with the Health Center.
Information Needed to Make an Appointment
When scheduling an appointment, the receptionist will ask the following questions:
- What is the general purpose for the visit?
- What phone number can we reach you at in the event of a change?
- What is your mailing address?
- Do you have the Student Health Plan?
- Is this your first visit?
- If it is your first visit, extra time is allowed for you to complete paperwork before seeing a health care provider. More Information
- Are you a current student, the spouse of a current student, or do you have the Student Health Plan?
- At the BYU-Idaho Health Center, we are authorized to see only these patients. We are not a health care provider for Medicare or Medicaid.
- As of January 1, 2012, if you have the Student Health Plan you must provide your health plan ID number. You can find it on your health plan card or call Deseret Mutual at 1-800 777-3622.
- What is your I-number?
Please bring your student ID card to the appointment.
Referrals to outside doctors are made at the discretion of the Health Center provider. When seeking a referral, bring your student health plan identification number with you to your appointment at the Health Center. Failure to present this number may result in a denial of coverage from the coverage provider.