University and College Credit

BYU–Idaho accepts most college-level courses from regionally-accredited institutions. BYU–Idaho accepts transfer courses with a grade of C- or higher. Although transfer credits can be used to fulfill course graduation requirements, they will not be calculated into your BYU–Idaho GPA. Only courses taken at BYU–Idaho will factor into your GPA.   

If BYU–Idaho offers a direct course equivalency to your transfer course, it will be listed on your official Transfer Course Evaluation Report (sent to your BYU–Idaho email account). If an equivalency has not been made, the credits will transfer to BYU–Idaho as "Elective Credit." Courses from institutions that are not regionally-accredited are generally not transferable to BYU–Idaho. Courses completed 10+ years ago may only be accepted as "Elective Credit".   

For a list of established equivalencies from your school, go to our   Course Transfer Tool.

Official transcripts should be sent from previously attended colleges and universities by the application deadline to the Admissions Office. 

There are two ways to send official college or university transcripts: 

Electronically through a third-party secured PDF to: 

Physically from the transfer institution in a sealed envelope to:

Brigham Young University–Idaho
Admissions Office
Kimball Building 120-1615
Rexburg, ID 83460