Skip to main content

Student & Employee Public Safety Resource Guide

The Public Safety Resource Guide helps students and employees recognize signs of when people need help and how to assist them.
Students talking & studying
Help One Another
”By this shall men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.”

Contacts Icon
Each student and employee is accountable to love and care for one another. We can only act within our capacity and reach out for assistance when required. 

Help Those Around You


If this person shows symptoms of

  • Sadness
  • Confusion
  • Stress
  • Irritability
  • Lacking motivation
  • Sleeping problems
  • Poor concentration

Then the best option for them is to voluntarily seek help through the Counseling Center, their Bishop, the Health Center, or Student Living.


If this person shows symptoms of

  • Prolonged sadness
  • Suicidal thoughts
  • Disorientation
  • Severe anxiety
  • Changes in behavior (academic performance, personal care, social behavior, etc.)

Then they should be referred to the Counseling Center (call 496-1100 or 496-HELP after hours).


If this person shows behavior such as

  • Verbal or physical threats
  • Bizarre behavior
  • Intimidation
  • Harassment

Then they need Intervention through the Student Honor Office (call 496-1120) and/or University Security (call 496-3000).


If someone is in a situation with

  • Imminent danger
  • Violent behavior
  • Active threats (weapon)
  • Stalking
  • Hostages

Then 911 should be called immediately.

Contact Information

Public Safety(208) 496 3000
Dean of Students(208) 496 3240
Counseling Center(208) 496 1100
Counseling Center After Hours(208) 496 HELP
Health Center(208) 496 1113
Housing Center(208) 496 1045
Student Honor Office(208) 496 1120
Student Living Office(208) 496 1986
Bishop DirectoryVisit Directory