Each student and employee is accountable to love and care for one another. We can only act within our capacity, and reach out for assistance when required. 

Help Those Around You


If this person shows symptoms of

  • Sadness
  • Confusion
  • Stress
  • Irritability
  • Lacking motivation
  • Sleeping problems
  • Poor concentration 

Then the best option for them is to voluntarily seek help through the Counseling Center, their Bishop, the Health Center, or Student Living. 


If this person shows symptoms of 

  • Prolonged sadness
  • Suicidal thoughts 
  • Disorientation
  • Severe anxiety
  • Changes of behavior (academic performance, personal care, social behavior, etc.)

Then they should be reffered to the Counseling Center (call 496-1100 or 496-HELP after hours). 


If this person shows behavior such as

  • Verbal or physical threats
  • Bizarre behavior
  • Intimidation
  • Harassment 

Then they need Intervention through the Student Honor Office (call 496-1120) and/or University Security (call 496-3000). 


If someone is in a situation with

  • Imminent danger
  • Violent behavior 
  • Active threats (weapon)
  • Stalking
  • Hostages

Then 911 should be called immediently.