Skip to main content

Lost Key Fees

All lost or stolen keys and I-cards must be reported to the Access Control Office as soon as possible.

Lost or Stolen Keys and I-Cards

To replace a lost or stolen key, individuals must contact the Access Control Office to request a replacement key. Replacement keys will be issued based on need and approval.

Lost Key Replacement Fees

Replacement fees will be assessed at the following rates:

Access TypeReplacement Fee
Grand Master Key$500
Building Master Key$250
Utility Master$250
Department Sub Master$100
Outside Door Access$250
Individual Door Access$50
Mechanical/Custodial Master$250

Replacement fees will be charged to the department the individual is assigned. The department then has the option to pass the charge on to the person the replaced key was issued to for payment.

If a person or department believes that extenuating circumstances exist and a fee is unjustified an appeal can be presented in writing to the Access Control Office to determine whether or not a replacement fee is required.