Why become an online instructor?
At a university that is part of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, our instructors have the unique opportunity to offer testimony and gospel perspective while sharing expertise in their discipline. Many who teach for BYU-Idaho, Ensign College, and BYU-Pathway Worldwide do so out of a desire to give back and bless the lives of future generations. Teaching online is ideal for those who value a flexible work/life schedule. Instructors have the flexibility to schedule those hours around their other obligations.
Online instructors are employees of OLL Services LLC, a staffing agency which is supported and guided by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Online instructors employed by the LLC are expected to support the missions, values, and standards of the institutions to which they are assigned to teach. All employees are required to agree to maintain the standards of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as defined by the Church Educational System Honor Code. They guide students to become capable disciple leaders in their personal and professional lives.
"Central to the effort of CES is our mission to develop disciples of Jesus Christ who are leaders in their home, in the Church of Jesus Christ and in their communities. No institutional decision is more important to us than the selection of employees, including faculty, as it has the greatest potential to impact our students."
Please Note: Current part-time employees of any entity of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints may not teach online in addition to their current employment. Retirees of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints entities are not eligible as it negates retirement benefits.
State Residency Requirements
Currently, BYU-Idaho has permission to hire remote adjunct in the states highlighted in dark orange below.
Current Hiring States:
OLL Services LLC is authorized to hire in the states listed below (highlighted dark orange on the map).
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- West Virginia
How Do I Apply?
- Candidates apply to course-specific interest list posting(s).
- Application information is screened to confirm online instructor eligibility requirements.
- Review of application materials by a content expert
- Successfully pass the one-week online asynchronous Candidate Assessment Course
- If a candidate qualifies, assessments are retained for future consideration as hiring needs arise.
- The Candidate Assessment Course gauges online teaching skills, communication, support of BYU-Idaho’s Mission and Learning Model, and technology aptitude. Candidates take the course by invitation only.
- Assessment course need not be repeated for every course to which a candidate has applied.
- We do not provide details or feedback regarding non-selection.